Re: [Exim] Cyrus NUL problem

Author: Chris Edwards
To: Philip Chambers
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Cyrus NUL problem
| I am finding that I am getting a growing problem with messages being rejected in
| this way. Mostly it is spam which is causing it. However, it tends to hang around
| in the queue until it times out.

| I would very much like to have exim reject it, rather than let it in and then have
| the delivery to Cyrus fail.

We have similar issue here with our NetMail message-stores.

We spent time trying to persuade exiscan to reject these - with no luck.
Instead, we simply strip the damn things using a transport filter:

transport_filter = /usr/bin/tr -d \\000

which seems fine in practice, at least in our environment.

Nevertheless, I'd prefer to reject the things.

Sorry not the answer you're after.

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service