[Exim] Cyrus NUL problem

Autor: Philip Chambers
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Cyrus NUL problem
I'm sure the topic of the Cyrus package rejecting messages because of NUL characters
in the body has come up some time ago, but I could not find anything in the list
archive.

I am finding that I am getting a growing problem with messages being rejected in
this way. Mostly it is spam which is causing it. However, it tends to hang around
in the queue until it times out.

I would very much like to have exim reject it, rather than let it in and then have
the delivery to Cyrus fail.

I could write my own code in local_scan(), but it seems to me to be very inefficient
to go through the whole body of every message to do this check. Surely Exim could
check as it takes in the message during the SMTP DATA phase in a much more efficient
way.

I know Exim was written to be 8 bit clean, but is there any chance of a "reject-nul"
configuration option for thos of us who use Cyrus?

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter