RE: [Exim] unsecure, slow, not 100% RFC-compliant?

Top Pagina
Auteur: David Brodbeck
Aan: 'xq@n3rd.at'
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [Exim] unsecure, slow, not 100% RFC-compliant?

1000 emails per day is nothing. You'll be fine.

My Exim setup did 813 messages yesterday -- not counting the connections
from spammers that were aborted for one reason or another. 98% of that mail
spent less than one minute on the queue. The server is a 600 MHz Pentium
III that is also our web server and handles a few other tasks. The load
average is nearly always under 1.0, with brief spikes to 1.5 when it
regenerates our web statistics pages.

Note that this is a gateway to an Exchange system, and has to do an LDAP
lookup for each incoming message, so a simple local delivery setup would be
even less demanding.