Re: [Exim] unsecure, slow, not 100% RFC-compliant?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: xq
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] unsecure, slow, not 100% RFC-compliant?
On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 12:28, xq@??? wrote:
> But i have also read some sites about comparison of MTA's, please read
> self:
> http://homepages.tesco.net/%7EJ.deBoynePollard/Reviews/UnixMTSes/

Most of whats written there has obviously not been checked or refers to
old exim versions.  For example:-
      * Web page comments are rubbish
      * directors is exim3 which has been obsolete for ages
      * scaling comments are reporting rumour with no backup

> and
> http://www.geocities.com/mailsoftware42/

Thats mostly garbage too:-
      * Looks like its been written after a 5 minute look at debian
      * Says its for exim 4.2 but all the links are to 3.2
      * Security comments are way out of date

> there stand Exim will be unsecure and slow, on some boards i become the
> information it will not be 100% RFC-compliant - is that true?

RFC compliance is very high - but not 100% because you can configure to
not follow RFCs (eg HELO policy handling). Some RFCs are seriously
outdated in the current environment. Some are not implemented.

    Nigel.