Re: [Exim] X-Source headers

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Richards
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] X-Source headers
Hi Tim,

--- Tim Jackson <lists@???> wrote:
> Could you live with having the headers removed
> altogether instead of being
> blank?

Yes, certainly, I don't need them at all. I notice
whether it is Horde or PHP mail() function, anything
that invokes Exim, is doing this, so not having the
headers at all would be better. I see no reason for
them.

> If so, try headers_remove on any transports
> that send mail remotely
> (e.g. remote_smtp), or possibly in a system filter,
> depending on exactly
> when you want them hidden.

Thanks, that sounds ideal. I did find some references
to it at:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-1.90/doc/html/spec_14.html#SEC347

http://www.linuxgazette.com/local/remap.php?link=issue43/stumpel.html

http://cip.physik.uni-freiburg.de/cgi-bin/info2www?(exim)headers_remove+(transport)

The second link gave an example as such:

=======================================
remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
headers_remove = "sender"
transport_filter = "/usr/local/bin/outfilt"

I notice there is also an "add_headers", so possibly
these X-Source headers are specified there. Here is an
example from the Exim url:

add_headers = "X-added: this is a header added at
$tod_log\n\

Many thanks, I'm sure that should fix the problem. :)

Peter