Re: [Exim] selective relay

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] selective relay
Erik Jacobs <emj14@???> wrote:
>> No, you can't. But the resulting address will go through your
>> router chain again starting at the top, so you could catch
>> them next time around and direct them to your transport.
>
> So using the redirect router, if the condition assigns something to
> data, you again go through all the routers? Or does it continue to
> process down the list?
>
> Now I'm thoroughly confused -- I thought the redirect data caused the
> mail to get sent out. If it goes back through all the routers again,
> aren't I going to have a big mess since I now have an email address
> that isn't even in the system (doing a relay)...

It does generally cause the mail to be sent out - the only way it knows
how - by sending it through your router chain. If you're using some
derivative of the default config, a non-local address will be picked up and
routed to an smtp transport, which will send it on its way. But you can
catch any or all addresses for special processing by putting your own router
near the top of the chain.

> I really don't think I'm trying to do something hard, but it seems
> like every time I make two steps forward, exim makes 10 steps forward
> to crush me.

You're learning how flexible Exim is. It *will* be worth it.

Peter