RE: [Exim] selective relay

Autor: Erik Jacobs
A: 'Peter Bowyer', exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] selective relay
> You want to optionally drop the message in the transport? No
> idea how you'd do that. Decision-making is done in the
> routers, transports do what the routers tell them.

No, if there's a way to do it from the router that's the best way.

> Can't see why you shouldn't be able to do that - have a
> redirect router which has a data= clause that resolves to the
> aliased address if the condition you want is valid or
> ':blackhole:' otherwise - this will then get passed to the
> transport or devnulled which I think is what you want. No
> need to involve user accounts.

Can you declare a transport when you are using a redirect router? I thought
once you declare the data that's it -- Exim shoots the mail over to the data
address.

If you can declare a transport from a redirect and then, if the condition
fails, dump to blackhole, we might have the solution we need.

I can control what I need to control in the transport -- namely the "FROM"
and "REPLY_TO" fields of the email.

-Erik Jacobs