RE: [Exim] New Metod to Control SPAM : Mail Online Listing

Autor: Eli
A: 'Danny Bendersky', 'Exim-users'
CC: 'Cruz Jaime', 'Ochsenius Christian'
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] New Metod to Control SPAM : Mail Online Listing
Danny Bendersky wrote:

> The idea is that every time a user get connected, to store there this
> information (using the radius software to do that). The mailcounter is
> the number of mails he send, at this time is cero. The max_mail is the
> limit we want to set for that customer per day, maybe 500. This number
> can be part of a comertial product. As we define the MailQuota, we can
> define the MaxSentMailPerDay.

Why not just force all your users to use SMTP authentication? Then you can
track how many emails each user sends via login, regardless of IP or any
other information. I don't see how this will truly control any outbound
spam though, since even though they may reconnect to get a different IP once
in a while, all you're doing is limiting the # of emails sent in a day.

You'd be better off filtering the outbound email from your users and
blocking them from sending any email that gets a high spam rating via
SpamAssassin checks or something.

Just my 2 cents :)

Eli.