Re: [Exim] exim failed !! Error:package exim is not installe…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] exim failed !! Error:package exim is not installed!!
Hi system, on Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:31:34 +0530 you wrote:

> Retrieving http://diff.cpanel.net/exim-cpanel6...ewrite.i386.rpm
> /scripts/exim3: line 30: 7909 Segmentation fault (core dumped) rpm -Uvh
> http://diff.cpanel.net/exim-cpanel6...ewrite.i386.rpm
> `/etc/localdomains.eximreset' -> `/etc/localdomains'
> Waiting for exim to restart..............finished.
> exim has failed, please contact the sysadmin.
> What is problem?How should I install exim package and get imao etc
> working on server?

In this case, contact cPanel. It looks like they have got lots of custom
packaging and stuff, and the problem you're seeing is almost certainly
nothing to do with Exim.

Alternatively, if you want to install it "outside" the cPanel system, then
read the Exim docs and perhaps consider installing from the RPMs on
ftp.exim.org. Whether this will work with cPanel is anyone's guess though
- it depends whether they are relying on certain customisations or
anything, and since it sounds like they have custom packages and
auto-installers, they may well obliterate it with their own stuff anyway.

With these sort of packaged systems, it's probably best to stick with the
vendor for support, or at the very least ask them about the implications
of installing Exim on your own, outside their management system.

Tim