Re: [Exim] Usernames containing the @ character

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: balazs
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Usernames containing the @ character
> > I have to configure exim4 on a system with users
> > having the @ character in their login name.
>
> That should give the spammers a headache...

Email addresses will not contain the @ character in the local part,
only POP3/IMAP login names (and /var/mail/MAILBOXNAME).
The "domain" part of the login name won't be DNS domain names,
just fictional names, solely for namespace separation.

> > My problem is, that I don't know how to tell exim, that
> > our user names are not email addresses. Of course, we
> > also have alias entries that point to local and no-local
> > email addresses.
>
> Exim should be fine, as long as the local parts are correctly quoted in
> incoming emails and in addresses in alias file. For example:
>
> postmaster: post\@master@???
> hostmaster: "host@???
>
> This *should* all work, but it's not an area of code that is well
> exercised, I suspect...

We will have an aliases view with the format:
email_address: target1, target2, ...
where targetN may be a local user or an email address.

Should we use the following format?

postmaster@???: postmaster@our_main.domain
user@???: "user@name_space.domain"@localhost

Balazs Lecz