Re: [Exim] Usernames containing the @ character

Author: balazs
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Usernames containing the @ character
On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 12:41:20PM +0200, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:43:05AM +0200, balazs@??? wrote:
> > I have to configure exim4 on a system with users
> > having the @ character in their login name.
>
> Looks a bit like if you're asking for cyrus with virtual domain support?
>
> > Both account and aliases information is stored in
> > a relational database.
>
>     #Aliasmap:
>     #Address             redirected address
>     hans@???: hans@???        # local user
>     suse@???: suse@???              # remote

> this way?

Yes, exactly. In the database local users and remote redirects are in
separate tables. I created the aliases view using UNION and replaced
the /etc/aliases file with a pgsql query. The problem is that if there
is an @ character in the "redirected address" part, exim will not check
if it is a valid user name, rather it handles it as an email address (as
it should, generally). We use nsswitch + nss-pgsql and getpwnam() et al.
works fine using the same postgresql database.

Balazs Lecz