Re: [Exim] quota_warn_threshold specifics

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Christian Balzer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] quota_warn_threshold specifics
Eli wrote:
>Christian Balzer wrote:

[snip]
>The time on the "cur" folder would be another folder to check
>since it may be possible the user didn't get any new messages, but just took
>a read message and marked it for deletion or changed some other type of
>flag.

What makes "cur" so much more worthy of attention than any other folder?
The user could have moved/flagged/whatever thousands of mails in hundreds
of other folders w/o you ever noticing it with this scheme. The crux of
the matter is, as long as no new mail was delivered/read and the mailbox
is full, all this potential activity is worth naught.

Another thing is, one really wants to check for modify time and not
access time as I can see many potential read accesses (something building
indexes, etc) happening that are not client/user initiated. But an
actual write (in new) should originate only from Exim or the pop3/imap
server.

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services