Re: Bug reporting and monitoring [Was Re: [Exim-dev] Code qu…

Author: Colin Morey
To: Exim Development List
Subject: Re: Bug reporting and monitoring [Was Re: [Exim-dev] Code quality measurements and automated checks]
On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 15:04 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> It appears that in the case of gentoo & debian (as they are at present)
> we will be able to depend on the exim component maintainers managing
> things appropriately so that real bugs come up to
> exim-dev/exim-bugs/bugzilla.

Just for the record, what kind of format would the list want these
notifications in?
a short message to the url of the bug with an overview? and/or a
straight CC of the list onto the Bug in question.

> In the case of RH/Fedora as things are at the moment exim appears to be
> a poor relation package - its not high on their priority list so things
> could get left in their bugzilla to rot. That means real bugs for us
> could get lost. This may be best fixed by a couple of interested
> volunteers occasionally culling the bug list from RH bugzilla. It would
> also be an appropriate situation to have an exim.org address of some
> form on the CC list for all exim bugs by default, but I am not sure if
> their bugzilla can do that.

I know that Gentoo's Bugzilla can be setup to CC all bugs assigned to a
given user to another address., and for ease of tracking all Exim bugs
on gentoo, I've setup exim-bugs@???

> But there are other distros... most of whom don't ship exim so I guess
> that makes it easier :-)

do We have a list of distros that ship exim, either as part of the base,
or part of a "ports" tree, (eg. OpenBsd/FreeBSD)

Colin
--
Colin Morey <peitolm@???>