Re: [Exim] HELP !

Author: Juha Saarinen
To: Lawrence Lamprecht
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] HELP !
Lawrence Lamprecht wrote:

> I am a complete newbie and have been trying to set up exim as MTA.
> I have managed to download the zipped file.

As a newbie, you should consider two things:

1) Instead of using the compressed archive and building Exim from
scratch, use a binary package built for your Linux distribution. This
should have a number of convenient features for you, such as following
the file system layout appropriate to your system.

2) The Internet is a very hostile environment. Do you really need to go
through all the hassle of setting up and securing an MTA, or could you
use your ISP's one instead? Last MTA I set up saw a relay attempt 20
seconds after it was activated.

--
Juha