RE: [Exim] Exim 4.34 environment variable patch

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Eli
Para: exim-users
CC: 'Nico Erfurth', 'Hagen Paul Pfeifer'
Assunto: RE: [Exim] Exim 4.34 environment variable patch
Philip Hazel wrote:

> I feel that the gun is too big to be handed to the majority of
> email admins. Many people do not understand the way Exim works. They
> will think that this applies only when Exim is "started" using -bd.
> They won't realize it will also apply when a user calls
> /usr/sbin/sendmail.

Hm, I guess so. I just thought that so long as you document how it works
and that people should be very aware of what type of things to expect when
trying to use it, that it would be OK. No big deal though :)

> Also, this is a very minority requirement that can be met by using a
> wrapper.

I'm actually surprised by the number of people who seem to be at all
interested in it (are there any? :P). I would have thought that tons of
people would have run in to the same issue I have dealing with spammers on
webservers. Anyhow, I like my patch :D so I'll just keep maintaining it
until I no longer have a need for it (I'm hoping to force all users to use
SMTP authentication even with web forms submitting emails locally).

Eli.