RE: [Exim] Exim 4.34 environment variable patch

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Eli
Para: 'Hagen Paul Pfeifer', 'Exim-Users \(E-mail\)'
Assunto: RE: [Exim] Exim 4.34 environment variable patch
Hagen Paul Pfeifer wrote:
>> Oh, and I can't see how it's error prone - it's about as prone to
>> errors as anything else in Exim - if the person configuring Exim
>> can't figure out how to set it up properly, then they can enjoy the
>> onset of errors they bought themselves. The only case for confusion
>> is possibly in some circumstances where a new shell may be created
>> with no inherited environment, and so the person will draw back a
>> NULL value rather than something they expected. It does happen, but
>> so far in my testing (where I see this patch useful) I have never
>> come across it when I didn't expect it.
>
> What about logging functionality at php/apache level? My private
> opinion is that this functionality belong to a "higher" level (php(?))
> and not in exim. My position is that the apache level is the "cleaner"
> implementation. But my opinion is high individually, see next
> paragraph!

I too wish there was another way. My other way would have been to hack
PHP's source code for the mail() function and introduce logging there since
there's no logging at all. This would have been a much larger task I
think... I figured to smack all the birds with one giant all powerfull
stone would be to put it at the most common denominator which is Exim, so I
don't have to hack all the higher-ups to log, but just the lower guy who
does the actual sending. Less hacking for me which is good :D

> Last but not least maybe there exists requirement for this patch. Let
> we the community make a decision! ;-)

True :D I see it this way - the patch doesn't hurt Exim, and unless you use
the features the patch gives you (and mind you this patch is teeny weeny so
it's not a memory hog or anything), you're still in the clear and no more
the wiser.

Eli.