Re: [Exim] frozen messages don't seem to be removed

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] frozen messages don't seem to be removed
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Marten Lehmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in my mail queue a lot of messages older than 2 weeks are remaining. The
> mainlog says "message is frozen" to a lot of messages. In configure, two
> options are set:
>
> ignore_bounce_errors_after = 2d
> timeout_frozen_after = 7d
>
> I'm only using one retry rule (default):
>
> *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h

> So in theory no message can remain longer than approx. 7 days in the
> queue, can it? But why are messages remaining longer?

Which Exim release? This potentially relevant bug was fixed in 4.31:

79. The ultimate address timeout was not being applied to errors that involved
    a combination of host plus message (for example, a timeout on a MAIL
    command). When an address resolved to a number of possible hosts, and they
    were not all tried for each delivery (e.g. because of hosts_max_try), a
    message could remain on the queue longer than the retry timeout.