Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file, quota_size_regex, maildir_…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Adam J. Henry
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file, quota_size_regex, maildir_tag
On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 06:38:35PM -0400, Adam J. Henry wrote:
> If maildir_use_size_file is set True, are the maildir_tag and
> quota_size_regex options necessary? If no, does having them all
> enabled offer a theoretical performance improvement?
>
> I am debugging a problem where IMAP reports a different size than du(1)
> reports (excluding the same files, of course).
>
> I am using Courier IMAP with Exim 4.33. The maildir file is as
> follows:
>
>     20971520S,0C
>     15438488 3179
>     909 1

> To verify with du, I run:
>
>     # du -b --max-depth=1 --exclude='spambayes.db' --exclude='.Trash'
>     21687808        ./cur
>     512     ./new
>     512     ./tmp
>     6144    ./.Sent
>     512     ./courierimapkeywords
>     6144    ./.Drafts
>     21894656        .

The problem is that IMAP reports the bytes used, while du reports the
blocks used. Isn't reporting by blocks a more accurate representation
of the drive's total usage? IMAP is getting size information from the
maildirsize file. The maildirsize file is being created by Exim. Is
there any way to have Exim write the size of the blocks being used,
instead of just the size?

thanks,
hank