Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM

Author: David
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM
Hi !!

>>Even if I'm told not to reject mail solely on the basis of the HELO/EHLO
>>domain failing to verify, I'm sure I can find some other justifiable
>>reason for rejecting such mail, and I reckon 7.7 confirms my right to do
>>that, even within the scope of the RFC itself.
>>
>>>If you will reject them, you should be filtered.
>
> Why should 'we' be filtered? If you have problems with, or do not know
> how to set up, DNS, then you are viewed as an 'untrusted' source.
> 5xx'ing 'untrusted' sources is universally acceptable I am sure.

I completly agree, we are rejecting bad/forged/unexistant HELO's
regardless of how people understands the rfc . Nowadays is a VERY good
way to catch spam and viruses beacuse none of them is able to provide
a good/valid HELO. In the other hand any postmaster is able to provide
a good HELO (takes less than 2 minutes to configure it) both by
providing an ip literal (for those without rdns control) or the true
hostname as rfc requires.

--
Best regards ...

"Fascinating," said Spock, watching Kirk's lousy acting.

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53