RE: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM

Author: David Brodbeck
Subject: RE: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM

I based that comment on this paragraph of RFC 2821, from section 4.1.4:

An SMTP server MAY verify that the domain name parameter in the EHLO
command actually corresponds to the IP address of the client.
However, the server MUST NOT refuse to accept a message for this
reason if the verification fails: the information about verification
failure is for logging and tracing only.