Re: [Exim] RBL logs

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] RBL logs
Hi Alexander, on Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:00:27 +0300 you wrote:

> I'm using exim 3.35 on debian stable. I hope to minimise spam by using
> RBL's but I have no means of telling how effective it is.

<snip>
> What should I look for in the log files?

Your config looks reasonable, and I can tell you that the data about what
mail has been rejected by DNSBLs *is* logged (it should be in your
rejectlog IIRC), but that's about the extent of it.

I'm afraid along with most people here, I've long since forgotten most
things about the now-obsolete Exim 3 (Exim 4 was released over 2 years
ago). Consider upgrading, not least because the logging is better and you
get more fine-grained control over DNSBL use (and pretty much everything
else).

Tim