Re: [Exim] Postgresql and relay_domains (var wont expand)

Author: troubled
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users @ exim. org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Postgresql and relay_domains (var wont expand)
Jeremy,

Hey, I tried what you said with the line:

${tr {${lookup pgsql{SELECT domainname FROM domains WHERE domaintype =
'RELAY'}}}{\n}{:}}

Same results though. When I put that into smtp_banner, not a single
problem, I get the syslog entry from postgres telling me of the
connection and it returns the domains : seperated as expected. Yet when
I set:

relay_domains = ${tr {${lookup pgsql{SELECT domainname FROM domains
WHERE domaintype = 'RELAY'}}}{\n}{:}}

I dont even see ANY form of connection in any way shape or form to the
pgsql backend. And I know the sql if proper since I tested it in
smtp_banner. I swear exim3 just wont expand anything in that variable.
Have you tried this or ran into this before? Any help would be
apreciated since I would really prefer to move most of the exim lists to
the database rather than maintain flat files AND the database. Thanks
for trying though ;(

troubled