Re: [Exim] Message-ID: header on TCP received messages

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Message-ID: header on TCP received messages
On 2004-06-12 Larry Rosenman <ler@???> wrote:
> Donning my flame-proof underwear, I ask the following:

> Is there any reason we can't add a method to add Message-ID: headers
> on TCP-received Messages?

[...]

Good question. Phil disabled unconditional adding of Message-ID: in
4.30/56 without rationale, IIRC.

You can work around this in your DATA ACL with:

   warn condition = ${if !def:h_Message-ID: {1}}
        hosts = +relay_from_hosts
        message = Message-ID: <E$message_id@$primary_hostname>

Feature-wise this is a little bit inferior than having an option,
because it does not respect message_id_header_domain or
message_id_header_text, I ended up with using a macro.

MESSAGE_ID_DOMAIN = example.org
message_id_header_domain = MESSAGE_ID_DOMAIN
[...]
        message = Message-ID: <E$message_id@MESSAGE_ID_DOMAIN>

           cu andreas