[Exim] Message-ID: header on TCP received messages

Author: Larry Rosenman
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Message-ID: header on TCP received messages
Donning my flame-proof underwear, I ask the following:

Is there any reason we can't add a method to add Message-ID: headers
on TCP-received Messages?

Outlook 2003 in it's infinite wisdom expects the MTA to add one
if the tracking options aren't set.

The RFC's (from what I can tell), say that Message-ID: is an OPTIONAL
header, but some people expect there to be a Message-ID: on EVERY message.

(I had a message bounced by a member of the postmaster@??? staff
because OL didn't generate one, and Exim didn't add one).

I personally think that Message-ID: should be on Every message, but
apparently the RFC's don't agree.

So, I ask humbly for a way to add (conditionally) a Message-ID: header if
a message is received over TCP for relay purposes.

Thanks,
LER

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler@???