Re: [Exim] Re: v. 4.34 - Checking installation

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John W. Baxter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Re: v. 4.34 - Checking installation
On 6/8/2004 21:54, "Hunte Swee" <hunte@???> wrote:

> I tried running
>
> ruth:/usr/local/exim# exim -C /config/file.new -bV
>
> and got this:
> -C Permission denied
>
> Does this mean I have problems somewhere?

It probably means that the user running the exim -C ... command was neither
the Exim user nor root (or perhaps was not root).

See, in the change log,

Exim version 4.23
-----------------

5. Added some features to "harden" Exim a bit more against certain attacks:

    (a) There is now a build-time option called FIXED_NEVER_USERS that can
        be put in Local/Makefile. This is like the never_users runtime
option,
        but it cannot be overridden. The default setting is "root".

    (b) If ALT_CONFIG_PREFIX is defined in Local/Makefile, it specifies a
        prefix string with which any file named in a -C command line option
        must start.

    (c) If ALT_CONFIG_ROOT_ONLY is defined in Local/Makefile, root privilege
        is retained for -C and -D only if the caller of Exim is root.
Without
        it, the exim user may also use -C and -D and retain privilege.

    (d) If DISABLE_D_OPTION is defined in Local/Makefile, the use of the -D
        command line option is disabled.

(Particularly item "c")