Re: [Exim] Mailman and bounce handling

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Stephen Gran
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Mailman and bounce handling
On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 09:14:44AM +0100, Nigel Metheringham said:
> On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 23:25, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am using mailman with exim at several sites, and am very happy with
> > it for the most part. However I am getting a large number of bounces
> > back to addresses that don't actually send mail, like the actual list
> > address or the -request address. I 550 bounces to addresses that don't
> > send mail (like webmaster, hostmaster, etc) with a nice little recipe
> > from this list, but I am trying to think through the ramifications of
> > extending that to mailman addresses.
>
> Works for me:-
>
>     http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html#mmapol

Very good - thanks. I'm not using 2.1, but I can work out the
differences.

> > Some times,
> > though, I get into a situation where somebody sends an email to a
> > moderated list with the envelope from set to another mailman list, and
> > we get into a bounce war, each setting the address to -admin, so it is
> > not seen as a bounce, and gets a 'your message is waiting for
> > moderation' notice, and the whole thing spins out of control for a
> > while.
>
> Not seen that - have you asked about this on the mailman lists?

I have found them for the most part not very helpful. Perhaps I will
for this, though.

Thanks again,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Everybody is given the same amount of   |
|  steve@???             | hormones, at birth, and if you want to  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | use yours for growing hair, that's fine |
|                       | with me.                                |