Re: [Exim] MX record problem

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MX record problem
Hi Robert, on Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:53:34 -0400 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbe to exim4 and am using it as a MTA. But everytime I try and
> send an email externally, I get the following mesage:
>
> all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts

Does this happen when you try to send e-mail to one particular external
domain, or *any* domain (have you tried more than one?)

If the former, chances are that the domain's DNS is screwed and whoever
owns the domain needs to fix it. If you tell us what the domain is, it's
usually easy to spot the problem.

If the latter (e-mail to *any* domain fails), something is screwed. Look
at the output of "exim -d -bt <address>" where <address> is the address
you are trying to send to and see what comes up. (-d = debug, -bt =
address test)

Tim