Re: [Exim] Exim v 4.34 testing issue

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: EximUser List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim v 4.34 testing issue
On 2004-06-09 Suresh Ramasubramanian <linux@???> wrote:
> gbrotherton@??? wrote:

> >So, I need to set the sticky bit on those log directories? Should that be
> >recursive from /var/spool/ on down?

> for /var/mail/whatever actually - where your mails are stored.

> not your spool directory.

[...]

Nope (not targeted at you prsonally, Suresh, but at the whole
subthread), installing exim on Debian won't include a single 1777
directory.

There are two ways to solve the "unprivileged user has to
be able to lock his mailbox" issue, one involves setting the sticky
bit, the other possibility is 2775 root:mail (sgid mail) and making
every program that needs to lock the mailbox sgid-mail.

Debian has chosen[1] the latter way and programs on Debian are set up
to work this way.
            cu andreas
[1] http://www.at.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-customized-programs.html#s-mail-transport-agents
--
file:///home/ametzler/CVS/debian-policy/policy.html/ch-customized-programs.html#s-mail-transport-agents
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.