[Exim] Re: v. 4.34 - Checking installation

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Hunte Swee
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Re: v. 4.34 - Checking installation
JR Brotherton wrote on Tue, 08 June 2004 23:00I have 3 questions about my installation:

I ran the make command and got some form of the message:

>>>Exim binary build complete

Then I ran "make install" and it completed quickly. The message at the end was something like:

Exim Installation Completed

Does that mean it went OK?

In the install directory, I ran the

ruth:/usr/local/exim# bin/exim -bV

and got this output:

Exim version 4.34 #3 built 08-Jun-2004 20:09:47
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2004
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (April 7, 2002)
Support for: iconv() OpenSSL
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch dbm dbmnz
Authenticators: cram_md5
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile autoreply pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Configuration file is /usr/local/exim/configure
ruth:/usr/local/exim#

Does this mean everything worked OK?

I tried running

ruth:/usr/local/exim# exim -C /config/file.new -bV

and got this:
-C Permission denied

Does this mean I have problems somewhere?

Thanks,

Gene Brotherton

--
1. The result of `exim -bV` shows that exim is intalled ok.
2. Following is from the official doco, under the `-C` parameter secion:

When this option is used by a caller other than root or the Exim user, and the list is different
from the compiled-in list, Exim gives up its root privilege immediately, and runs with the real
and effective uid and gid set to those of the caller.