Re: [Exim] Queue Problem

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Ian Blaney
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Queue Problem
On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 21:34, Ian Blaney wrote:
> This is where I have the problem. How can I tell exim to send the
> replies out straight away while it is still sending emails from the
> queue?

A lot of this depends on how your application server is doing stuff.
However it would be sensible that the bulk mailing side of it opened a
single SMTP session and then put all of its messages down that single
session - then exim's queue only logic (see docs for
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection) would kick in and the majority of the
messages would go via the queue.

per SMTP session, thus avoiding the mass mailing penalty.

Having read the original message content I start to feel a distinct
tingle of irony here....
> Eliminate annoying spam!
>
> My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster.
> http://www.ihatespam.net

    Nigel.