RE: [Exim] Re: exim-users vs. reply-to

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jan-Peter Koopmann
Para: Exim User's Mailing List
Assunto: RE: [Exim] Re: exim-users vs. reply-to
On Tuesday, June 08, 2004 2:22 AM Steve Lamb wrote:

>     Oh geez, why do I even bother with you?

Honestly: Why do you? I have to admit though this thread is evolving to
be extremely entertaining and I caught myself reading this before my
daily Dilbert session...

>     As I've said before I have made my preference clear by
> not setting the headers that many other lists, and mailers,
> adhere to.  You have chosen to ignore that preference.  Last
> warning, do not CC me again.  Another CC will be considered
> harrassment.

Out of curiosity: What will you do if he doesn't stop this?

Guys you will never ever convince the other side. There is no point in
continueing is there? I am far from having your experience in RFC
interpretation but I simply do not care anymore. I am trying to enforce
as many rules as possible. If I teach my Exim to only accept valid SMTP
session the way the RFCs describe/suggest them, I would probably loose a
lot of mail due to our business partners inability to handle their MTAs.
This - unfortunately - is not acceptable to me or our clients.

If I had to take sides I would agree with Steve. Using things like
"exim-users%exim.org@localhost" or trying to teach the entire world "my
way of life" does not really strengthen Gregs position in my point of
view. But again: This is just my opinion.

Steve: Why bother? Ignore him. You do not really think that asking him
to refrain from posting here is actually going to achieve anything, do
you? Every post like this will make Greg stick around here even longer.

Greg: You are probably right in many aspects. Just as Steve is. I value
your efforts of making the world a better place. As an intelligent
person you will also have noticed that you will not convince Steve of
your opinion. Why do you keep trying? It's not as you life is depending
on this, is it?

Regards,
JP