[Exim] exim and sendmail on the same box

Autor: Zoong Pham
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] exim and sendmail on the same box
I have been using Sendmail 8.12.x for virtual domains.
Now one of my clients asks for ODMR (ATRN).
In particular, the client wants to get all the mails
for his domain from my Sendmail queue to his mail server.
His mail server is MDaemon running on W2K and has a dynamic
IP address.

Sendmail does not support ODMR (ATRN) yet.

I plan to use odmrd (http://www.plonk.de/sw/odmr/).
It is designed natively with Exim and MySQL.

I am thinking of installing Exim on the same server with Sendmail
and relay all the mail for that particular client's domain from
the default Sendmail MTA to Exim MTA.
It means Exim should listen on different port rather the default
25.
The reason is to minimise the user account database management,
security, performance, etc...

Is that feasible? If so, any comments for that setup?
And any hint to do that with Exim. (I don't have any experience
with Exim).

Thanks,
Zoong