[Exim] Queue Problem

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ian Blaney
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Queue Problem
Hi

I have an Java based application server (Resin) that is creating emails
which are sent to an email server running exim. 5000+ emails can be
sent out in an average run. While the emails are being sent out people
can already be replying to the emails they have received and due to the
heavy resources that the application server takes while creating the
emails sometimes the application times out.

As a result of this we now run the application server during the night
and send the emails to the queue on the Exim email server and then
manually send the emails from the queue using the exim -qf command.
Doing it this way the application server is now free to handle the
replies that it receives. When the application server receives a reply
it will again send out an email (hope you are still with me) but this
time the email should be sent straight away and not sit in the queue as
before.

This is where I have the problem. How can I tell exim to send the
replies out straight away while it is still sending emails from the
queue? Is it possible to have 2 queues? One queue send straight away and
the other not.

Another idea is starting a second exim with something like exim -odb -oX
10.0.0.1.26 -bd. One listening on the normal 25 TCP port and another on
port 26. The application server can then send the replies to port 26
which is the exim process configured to send the email straight away. Is
this possible?

Is their a simpler way of doing it?

Thanks in advance

Eliminate annoying spam!

My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster.
http://www.ihatespam.net