RE: [Exim] exim and mailclient

Author: Jan-Peter Koopmann
To: Joachim Schwendtner, exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] exim and mailclient
On Saturday, June 05, 2004 9:20 PM Joachim Schwendtner wrote:

> wie sage ich exim, dass es mails von einem client (internes
> netz - der client hat die fixe IP 192.168.23.42), der seine
> post über outlook versendet, akzeptiert und weiterschickt?
> alle anderen user benutzen webmail und laufen daher über localhost.

First of all it would be a wise idea to post questions in english and not in german.

Make sure all ACLs accept mail from that IP (or net). In my configuration it would suffice to put that ip in the relay_from_hosts list. But honestly you should start by reading your exim configuration and start understanding the basic settings. The basics are actually quite simple to understand. Read this:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_37.html

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/FAQ.html

Regards,
JP