[Exim] Required packages prior to running Make on v 4.34

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: JR Brotherton
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Required packages prior to running Make on v 4.34
I have a base Debian 3.0 system that I just installed using the 2.4
kernel. The system comes with the Exim 3.35 version installed by
default. I want to use the 4.34 version to have it handel the outgoing
mail of my remote users who are not connected directly to the network as
well as incoming mail, without being a relay to the whole world. My
questions are:

1. Which development packages do I need to have installed before I run
the make process? Is there a list available on the web someplace?
2. Do I need to have PAM installed to verify my users and their passwords?
3. Once the make is complete, will the SMTP Authentication feature work
for the outgoing mail handeling that I need? This of course is the
important one.

Thanks for the help. Please feel free to reply to this e-mail:
gbrotherton@??? with suggestions.

Gene Brotherton
ESA Network Administrator
http://www.surfesa.org