[Exim] Problem: Relaying for uncommon nets

Autor: Christian Hertel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Problem: Relaying for uncommon nets
--
Hello all!

We have a customer who got an uncommon network like 120.255.255.0/24,
for which we configured exim to allow relaying from. But now, exim
relays from anywhere. We use exim 4.31-2, compiled from the debian
source package, but have not yet tried any newer version.

I should mention that if I comment out the line "accept hosts =
+relay_from_hosts" in the ACL section, relaying is denied from anywhere,
so there must be the problem.

Does somebody else also encounters this problem?

Below is a part of our exim configuration file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Christian

--- part of exim config ---

hostlist   relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : 120.255.255.0/24
acl_check_rcpt:
  accept  hosts         = :
  deny    domains       = +local_domains
          local_parts   = ^[.] : ^.*[@%!/|]
  deny    domains       = !+local_domains
          local_parts   = ^[./|] : ^.*[@%!] : ^.*/\\.\\./
  accept  local_parts   = postmaster
          domains       = +local_domains
  require verify        = sender
  accept  domains       = +forward_domains
          verify        = recipient
          endpass
  accept  domains       = +local_domains
          endpass
          message       = User unknown on this server
          verify        = recipient
  accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
  accept  authenticated = *
  deny    message       = Relaying denied

--- end of exim config ---

--