Re: [Exim] mailman 2.0.11/exim problem

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Joachim Schwendtner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] mailman 2.0.11/exim problem
On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 19:12, Joachim Schwendtner wrote:
> when I send a mail to the mailman-list nobody of the list gets the mail
> but the list owner gets this information every 15 minutes.

> 2004-06-01 18:23:02 1BVALM-0000Bq-00 Neither the system_aliases
> director nor the
> address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of
> |/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post mailman

> I installed mailman 2.0.11 with apt-get on a debian-woody / with exim.
> I did the configuration changes in exim.conf like it is described in
> http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html

You probably need to read the "Problems" section of that document:-
        f you are getting exim or Mailman complaining about user ids
        when you send mail to a list, check that the MAILMAN_UID and
        MAILMAN_GID match those of Mailman itself. Also make sure you do
        *not* have aliases in the main alias file for the list.

Your error message indicates its the system aliases director thats
throwing up these errors - so you have aliases for the lists in the
aliases file.

It should be pointed out that both Mailman 2.0.x and Exim 3.x are
seriously obsolete, so you really should not consider running them on a
new installation (... but you are running debian...)

    Nigel.