Re: [Exim] can anyone advise me about email rejections?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Kevin Reed
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] can anyone advise me about email rejections?
Darron Broad said:

> Hello.
>
> I would like to thank you in advance if you have any ideas about my
> question...
>
> My question is whether tailing the rejectlog to find interesing
> information about
> spammers faking senders, trying to post to multiple false recipients etc
> is the
> best way, or whether there is a method in the exim configuration to fork a
> process and pass this in via stdin. Alternatively, do you know of a hook
> in the
> code where (formally) you can link in a function to gather that
> information?

I wouldn't mess around with trying to hook into Exim itself and instead
sinple design a process that parses the data from the log files themselves
directly.

You could then process them a slow periods in the day so that any load if
any is mitigated. You can easily keep track of where you have looked by
the timestamps in the logs.

You could then at your leasure do just about anything you could possibly
desire such as outputing reports, updating databases etc.. without any
distrubance to your regular mail processes.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums