[Exim] creating a send user

Author: Christopher Baker
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] creating a send user
I would like to create a user account that can send on an Exim 4.30
machine with Debian. We have about five or six remote users who need to
utilize an SMTP server somewhere, and the Exim server would be the
easiest. They can send if they use root to authenticate, but just a
normal user account doesn't work.

Obviously using root is not a smart thing to do. How do I set up a send
user?

Chris

"I'm not gonna go up onstage and dress different.
Britney Spears goes up onstage and dresses like a
showgirl. She's not being herself up there because
she's dancing like a ho." --Avril Lavigne
Chris Baker -- www.chrisbaker.net
chris@???, chrisbaker@???, cbaker2@???
"When you stop growing, you start dying."