Re: [Exim] OS X php Issues

Author: Christopher Chaduka
To: Submit Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OS X php Issues
On Friday 28 May 2004 19:03, Rich Fortnum wrote:
> --
> Hi there. I just installed EXIM on my server on Panther (OS X 10.3.4)

..excellent ;-)

> and I'm having a couple of problems:
>
> 1. Index.php comes up ok, however the Domains page comes up php code,
> and not anything useful. It's like PHP isn't installed, however I have
> phpmyadmin installed which works fine.

What's this got to do with Exim? Looks like a PHP/Apache issue to me of which
you will get better advice from mailing lists dealing with these
applications.
Check http://httpd.apache.org and http://www.php.net
In any case, it depends on how you installed your Apache and PHP and how your
configuration files (php.ini and httpd.conf) look like. But this is not the
forum to discuss this.

> I've tested for php and everything is fine.

Hehehee, doesn't look like everything is fine does it? *g*

> Should I change my httpd.conf file somehow?
>
> 2. Clicking on Aliases, I get the following:
>
> Error #2002:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Again, get help about MySQL issues on MySQL lists.
This one however, I can try to help you.
1) Is MySQL server running?
2) MySQL can be running and the socket file is not where PHP is expecting it.
Check this page (http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-connect.php) on
how to tell PHP where to look for the socket file.

--
Christopher Chaduka
Technical Department