Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support

Author: Steve Luzynski
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support
Tim Jackson wrote:
> Hi Steve, on Wed, 26 May 2004 10:41:36 -0500 you wrote:
>
> [entirely reasonable "originating server" policy; proposed implementation
> via SPF, aka Sender Policy F*ckup]
>

>>So what am I missing?
>

> (all together now...)
>
> FORWARDING!

That explains it then. Don't allow that either, so it never occurred to
me that it would break it. :)

The 'customer' environment here (as in MY customers) are all Outlook
using Exchange Server addicted people on Windows. Forwarding is shut off
for their own good (only took one mail loop to convince management of
the wisdom of that decision) and nothing (not even servers, not even
Unix servers, not even MY Unix servers) is allowed to send mail out
without it going through my gateways (tracking, etc., being a big part
of that requirement).

So in this particular case I can truly say that anything purporting to
be from aquila.com that doesn't come from one of two IP addresses is in
fact not from aquila.com. But point taken on forwarding.

-Steve