Re: Dspam (was: Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support…

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Avleen Vig
CC: exiscanusers, wayne, Oliver Eikemeier, exim-users
Subject: Re: Dspam (was: Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support)
On May 26, 2004, at 03:59, Avleen Vig wrote:
> On a similar thread, does anyone know if it is possible to use Dspam
> with the exim ACL bits?
> Dpsam can be configured to return a message to stdout once it has been
> scanned, so that your MTA is responsible for delivering it
> (traditionally Dspam would be resonsible for delivery).

From that, I infer that you would invoke "dspam" as a separate process,
and based on the results printed on stdout, classify the message as ham
or spam. That you can do using a "${run ...}" expansion, perhaps:

    deny
      require_files = /path/to/dspam
      condition     = ${if eq {${run {/path/to/dspam ...}{$value}} \
                              {spam-string}\
                           {true}{false}}

If, on the other hand, "dspam" encodes the spam classification in its
exit value (e.g. 0=ham, non-0=spam), you can simplify the statement to:

    deny
      require_files = /path/to/dspam
      condition     = ${run {/path/to/dspam ...}{false}{true}}

-tor