Re: [Exim] Outlook Express 6 is not authenticating TLS smtp …

Author: Wakko Warner
To: James P Roberts
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Outlook Express 6 is not authenticating TLS smtp sessions

> > I am trying to require TLS before any authentication can happen. When I
> > try to put 'server_advertise_condition = ${if eq{$tls_cipher}{}{0}{1}}'
> > in the login and cram_md5 blocks (as it has been in my plain_saslauthd
> > block), exim no longer appears to advertise any of the auth types, not
> > even 'AUTH' which was advertised before.
>
> Marques,
> it will authenticate as soon as it sees AUTH LOGIN, in preference to
> STARTTLS. (Who codes for M$ anyway?!?!? Sheeesh) The trick is to
> advertise things to OE in a certain order. The first EHLO should advert
> STARTTLS but *not* AUTH, the 2nd EHLO (after TLS starts) must advert AUTH.
> The way I do this is:

I'm not sure on this. The only outlook I've tested with is 2000. I have
tried a few things with OE6, but it's been a while. I was trying to use ssl
certs as the means to control relaying. Unfortunately oe6, outlook 2000,
outlook xp won't send a client cert to the server

I successfully configured LOGIN (for outlook), PLAIN (netscape), CRAM-MD5
(not actually used) and SPA (outlook).