[Exim] Logging pid in non-syslog log files

Author: Adrian Phillips
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Logging pid in non-syslog log files
Good day,

I've been scanning though the docs for a way to log the pid of the
process handling the connection. exiwhat gives this information :

3237 handling incoming connection from (cjghdum) [210.157.237.70]

I would like to do the same for the log files so it is easier to
attach different log entries to their "SMTP connection from" log
something that can be confusing when, for example, one host connects
many times in short succession (to send SPAM).

I note that the syslog method of logging has the possiblity to log the
pid but the manual documents problems with syslog that make me prefer
the log file method.

I couldn't find a way in the spec. or in the Wishlist, and can't
remember this being discussed on the list before.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/