Re: [Exim] deny domains how?

Autor: Adam D. Barratt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] deny domains how?
On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 15:19, Andy Firman wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to deny any email from
> the whole SBC network as that company is out of control
> with spam and I am tired of adding all of the SBC
> IP blocks to my local_host_blacklist file.
>
> This is in my 30_exim4-config_check_rcpt file:
>
> deny domains = *.ameritech.net

[...]
> But it does not work. How do you make Exim deny based
> upon a reverse DNS lookup?

You're trying to reject the wrong thing. As per the Fine Manual:

<quote>
domains = <domain list>

This condition is relevant only after a RCPT command. It checks that the
domain of the recipient address is in the domain list.
</quote>

You want to block *hosts*, therefore you need:

<quote>
hosts = < host list>

This condition tests that the calling host matches the host list
</quote>

I'd strongly suggest using a host list instead of repeated hosts
stanzas. If there's more than a handful, moving the list into a lookup
file or database would also be worthwhile.

Adam