Re: [Exim] Re: what a fool! fake secondary and spam

Página Inicial
Autor: Alun
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Re: what a fool! fake secondary and spam
Craig Kelley (ckelley@???) said, in message
    <40ACBAE2.1080907@???>:

> So, be careful about simply dropping mail from phantom MX servers --
> there are a lot of broken MTAs out there, and you might be rejecting
> legitimate mails.

Indeed. My plan is to defer all mail sent to the secondary. In itself, that
might stop some spam. I can then have the system look at those IPs which hit
the secondary before the primary. Those will be subject to other anti-spam
approaches (not blocking, but e.g. putting delays on them).

So, if you're legit but confused you'll still get mail through, just more
slowly than you otherwise might have.

Cheers,
Alun.

--
Alun Jones                       auj@???
Systems Support,                 (01970) 62 2494