Re: [Exim] Yahoo Anti-Spam-System

Autor: John Dalbec
A: Exim-Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Yahoo Anti-Spam-System

Torsten Bär wrote:

> --
> Got this message: Yahoo hat das Anti-Spam-System DomainKeys veröffentlicht und zur Standardisierung bei der IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) eingereicht. Zu dem vorgeschlagenen Standard wird eine Referenzimplementierung entwickelt. Die Alpha-Version dieses Plug-ins für Mailserver wie qmail soll kostenlos erhältlich sein. Außerdem arbeitet Sendmail an einer DomainKeys-Implementierung für seinen Server.
>
> Komplette Nachricht: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/47508
>
> Sorry about the german news, but in the hurry i couldn`t find any translator. ;-)
> But i think in english spoken news-sites this is a headline too. Sorry for my english, i need more guinness. ;-)
>
> What do you think about that?

It looks better than SPF to me. It takes care of the forwarding problem if the
digital signature from the original sending host remains in the message when it
is forwarded. By using the header From: I can theoretically list an address at
my home ISP and still have replies and bounces come back to my home e-mail
provider (which is different) using Reply-To: and the envelope MAIL FROM:. This
would probably require some MUA changes, though. Or a local MTA with header
rewriting and a smarthost configuration.
John