[Exim] problem with allow_localhost

Autor: Winkless, Geoff
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] problem with allow_localhost
Hi

I need to send all email for a particular domain to a different MTA running on port 2525 (long story, don't ask). I know that this part is working because I can telnet to the port and send email manually.

However I can't get exim to forward emails to a specific domain through this server.

In transport defintions I added

    smtp2525:
      driver = smtp
      service=2525
      allow_localhost = true

Then I changed the route list for the smarthost director to:

route_list = "thiswasmydomain.com 127.0.0.1 smtp2525 byname;* my.normal.mailhost.com bydns_a"

[this last is all on one line, in case it's split by the mail system]

Sending mail to someone@??? produces a frozen message in the queue: the message is "remote host address is the local host" - which the "allow_localhost" line above should solve.

Sending mail to other domains carries on as normal, btw, so it's clear that the smtp2525 transport is being called correctly for the domain.

This is exim 3.35, incidentally.

Any ideas?

Incidentally the error message you get when you post to exim-users@??? is incorrect - it states messages should be sent to exim-users@??? (!!)

Thanks