Re: [Exim] Running programs from ACLs

Autor: Bruce Richardson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Running programs from ACLs
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:44:02PM +0200, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2004, Florian Weimer wrote:
>
> > Is there a non-hackish solution for running programs if ACL checks
> > fail or succeed?
> >
> > For example, I might want to disable an account if some SMTP AUTH
> > users user uses a spoofed source address or sends some funky
> > attachment.
>
> Depends on what is "non-hackish" for you. You could use the ${run
> expansion in a condition.

If that is too hackish, the only real alternative that springs to mind
would be to write a very explicit, carefully formatted log message, so
that some other process could scan the logs and take appropriate action.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.