Re: [Exim] Thoughts on sender/host verification.

Autor: Scott Call
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Thoughts on sender/host verification.
On Wed, 19 May 2004, Christoph Kliemt wrote:

> Scott Call <scall@???> writes:
>
> I do not see a benefit compared to SPF, and i do not want to have the
> job to keep DNS-TXT-entries and valid email-Addresses in sync. Think of
> large sites...

The difference is SPF does not allow mail from any hosts except those
explicitly listed. This method would allow for a single user at an
off-site IP address to somehow verify themselves with their service
provider.

As for management, it would have to be automated, examples being a web
based interface or using successful pop and imap logins to track IPs.

I imagine that while something like BIND would work, a more specific tool
(or tools) would be developed that the mfrm subdomain would be delegated
to from the main DNS servers.

For an ISPs own blocks, the wildcard would be used so it isn't like you'd
need a list of every email and the IP it maps to.

-Scott

--
Scott Call    Router Geek, ATGi, home of $6.95 Prime Rib
I make the world a better place, I boycott Wal-Mart